Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Christmas in July


Hi Everyone
After having a short break from the blog world, I am back. I had planned to do a Xmas in July class but for several reasons and life in general, I haven't got there. So here are a few designs inspired by others and myself.
The sentiment and snow flakes that are embossed in silver is from the Snow Swirled set. The DSP is Jolly Holiday. The blue is Baja Breeze and the ribbon is Very Vanilla satin.
Dasher and the sentiment from Short and Sweet is stamped in Cherry Cobbler on Very Vanilla. The DSP is Jolly Holiday once again. The green ribbon and card is Old Olive. Using Tombow two-way glue I added some dazzling diamonds on his antlers.
A very quick and simple card, layering to different patterns from DSP Jolly Holiday. Punched out a delightful decoration with my extra large ornament punch. I placed that on to a 2 inch circle and then added 3/4 inch circles on the back of that. Using stampin dimensionals I popped that element off the background. This is a good one to duplicate.
This is my favourite, as I wanted to create something for my beautiful sister. She is currently living in Madras, India, after a year in New York. In August she is off to Alberta, Canada for a year. So hopefully this will give her a little reminder of our Christmas down under, seeing it will be below zero for her. I used the Happy Christmas, Mate! set. The koala and sentiment is stamped in staz on and water coloured using cherry cobbler (my fav red at the mo) and old olive. The DSP is from the Jolly Holly pack and the soft suede cs is embossed with the elegant lines folder. I use the Little Leaves sizzlit through the big shot to add a branch for our koala to perch on. The sentiment is stamped straight on to the ribbon and finished off with a flower button from the designer button neutral collection and linen thread.
I hope these give you some great ideas and perhaps a head start on your card making for the crazy season.

No comments:

Post a Comment