Saturday, July 9, 2011

Birthday Beautiful

My daughter and I are off to her first Princess Party this morning. All the party guest were instructed to wear their best Princess dress, so you can imagine there has been much excitement and sleep count downs for this event. It's an all girls birthday which has instigated much verbal celebration to clearly communicate that strictly NO BOYS allowed (much to the horror of her little brother).
The card has a lattice mat (embossing folder for the big shot)in Pink Pirouette, on Whisper White card stock. The crown is from the Tiny Tags set, which I then embossed in silver and added some bling. I found a template for the dress which I cut out in retired DSP and added some sheer ribbon to the bottom to add drama and some sleeves, as most Princesses would not expose the whole arm. I love any excuse to do a full-on girly girl pink creation. Luckily the birthday girl's favourite colour just happens to be pink.
Apologies for the dodgy photo but I wanted to show the birthday girl's gift that I whipped up last night. It is a hair accessories organiser. The ribbons are to attach various clips and brooches and there is a piece of elastic at the bottom to attach baubles and ribbons. The gorgeous fabric is called Strawberry Teaparty by Michael Miller, too cute for words. I also made a little flower brooch to go with it. Fingers crossed she likes it.
Well it's party time!

No comments:

Post a Comment