Friday, July 8, 2011

On A Roll

Yesterday was one of those days, I was on a roll and came up with three very different cards.
I used the Fox and Friends stamp set with some retired DSP. I made my own bunting by cutting out some triangle shapes and drawing in the details with my stampin write maker. Just adding a bow of linen thread at the ends to finish it off. I also changed the look of the animal stamps by drawing in an outline. The sentiment is from the Hostess Afterthoughts set. This was a fun one to do. Love the colour combo (baja breeze, tempting turquiose, regal rose and a retired brown).
This is a great way to use little off cuts of paper. The DSP is Elegant Soiree, the punch is from the current mini and the sentiment is from the Great friend set. The flower is created with the boho blossom punch, using crumb cake, baja breeze and soft suede card stock. The pearl accent finishes it off. I sponged a little soft suede around the edges of the decorative punch to add dimension and softness, with a baroque stamp from the tiny tags set in the same colour to balance it all out. This was a very quick and easy card to accomplish.
I looove this card. The cherry is from the Tart and Tangy set. The sentiment is from the beloved Barogue Motif, using the lge oval and scallop punch. The so saffron background has very vanilla circles added to it (I punched out the circles using the punch from the itty bitty punch set). The crumb cake cs is embossed with the lattice folder using the big shot and the letter U was a big shot element as well. I added natural twine and a green button. To make the cherry glossy I dobbed on some crystal effects which you need to leave lying flat to dry over night. The crystal effects allows you to get the shine that you achieve with heat embossing but it adds height that you don't get with the powder. Love this colour combo (very vanilla, crumb cake, so saffron and cherry cobbler).

No comments:

Post a Comment